Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- Update: Terrible way to end the season, lost 37-0. They way I look at we have 9 months to get ready for next season. Two weeks to rest the body then I will start training for the Army National Combine, then track season.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
- Update: Although it was a tough fight, we fell short 34-21 and out of the playoff race.
Monday, October 26, 2009
- Update: We got a much needed win, 14-10 heading into the final district game of the year. Not sure of my exact stats yet but I did make a few big plays, including a stop at the end of the game to force a fumble and seal the victory. Once coach provides the stats, I will update again. Stay tuned....
Monday, October 19, 2009
- Update: 12 tackles, 6 for loses, a safety and a 40+ yard kickoff return all in vain. We lost our homecoming game 34-16. We have a record of 2-5. The first loosing record I have ever been a part of. What a terrible feeling. We have to find a way to turn things around.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
- Update: Plantation won 39-14. Terrible lost. Too many turnovers and mental mistakes. Although we cause man turnovers as well, we didn't capitalize on them like Plantation did. I did score on a 46 yard fumble recovery. I also had 7 tackles, including a couple for loses. Our offense is still trying to find chemistry. Hopefully we'll pull it together for this week's homecoming game. This week the defense folded a bit, giving up 3 touchdowns (the most all season). I won't QUIT!!!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
- Update: BA 13 - Dillard 10. Another heartbreaking loss. Still haven't gotten over it. Had a good game, finished with 12 tackles, 1 for a loss, and 1 assist.
- Update: A tough game that was pulled out in the 4th quarter, as we won 16-15. Discipline reasons had our starting fullback and tail back benched for the first half. Defense held its ground as the halftime score was 2-0. Both backs scored in the second half and on defense we made some huge stops at critical times to hold off a late 4th quarter run for the Lighting. I ended the game with at least 8 tackles (3) for loses, including the last play for the lighting on 4th down. I'm really starting to get my swagger on in the new Safety Position...
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
- This week's game will be at Dillard on Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 7:0pm
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
- Heart-breaking lost 15-14 on a last minute field goal. Team did show a lot of positives but we have to correct and limit the mental mistakes, especially the penalties. I had a good game, caused two forced fumbles, made a few big plays and tallied between 9-10 tackles. In evaluating myself, I need to work on my coverage skills and stop looking in the backfield so much. This is something I am going to focus on this week in practice.
- Audio Interview for Broward Game of the Week: #21 Wayne Lyons - Dillard Panthers
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
- Stanford's Coach Harbaugh kicked off my official recruiting process with my first written scholarship offer. I received an email early this morning, with an attached offer, from Coach Harbaugh . He stated that there will be a faxed copy sent to the school and an original sent to my home.
- West Virginia's offer came across the fax at my school (Dillard) this morning, offering a full scholarship.
- Received fax notification from Notre Dame noting they are officially offering with the original being sent to my home.
- Duke University sent an written offer over the fax to my high school. I received this offer from my coach after practice.
- Vanderbilt mailed their offer to my high school on September 1, although I didn't receive it until September 8. The offer was dated and postmarked on 9/1/09.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
- I attended Miami's one-day camp on Sunday, June 14, 2009. Worked out as a DB with Coach McGriff. I performed well in 1-on-1 and position drills. Made a couple of interceptions. There was great competition there so it made for a great outing. My performance earn me an verbal offer at the end of the day. Coaches were also impressed with my game film that they had viewed the day before my arrival for camp.
- Monday, June 15, 2009 I traveled to Gainesville to attend UF's one-day camp.During testing I ran my fastest 40 time of a 4.48. I worked out with Coach Heater and a few other top prospects on position drills and 1-on-1s. I performed really well and earned an verbal offer prior to heading back to Fort Lauderdale. The coaches were saying that they can't believe I have 2 more years of high school left.
- I flew out to South Bend, Indiana on Sunday June 28, 2009 to participate in their 3 day camp and unofficial visit which included a campus tour. I met several players as well. During the camp, I worked out at both DB and WR. Coach Weiss and Coach Ianello were both soliciting my services on both sides of the ball. At DB I mainly worked out with Coach Brown. I performed extremely well all three days, making big play after big play. It was awesome!!! Prior to leaving, I met with Coach Weiss in his office and he informed me that I will be receiving a written scholarship offer September 1.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
She also received an award for having the most community service hours, 1,318. Actually, I believe she may be up to 1,400 by now. She really enjoys volunteering her time. That volunteering spirit comes from our mother as she has always told us that "it doesn't matter how much knowledge you have, how much money you make or in my case how athletic I am, if people don't know how much you CARE!"
She constantly reminds us to give back to the community. Thats why I too am very active in the community and give of my time to mentor young boys and stress the importance of getting an education.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
Season Stats: Leading Tackler on #1 Defense in the County (Broward) 6A-4A
95 Tackles: 75 solo, 20 assists; 1 recovered fumble; 2 caused fumbles; 1.5 sacks; 1 deflection
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Both of my parents are graduates of Dillard High School (DHS), along with the majority of both sides of the family. My grandmother is also a graduate of Dillard High. My grandmother has uncles that graduated from Dillard as well. So as you can see there is a strong family bond that runs deep in the Panther's Den. Actually someone in my family has attended and graduated from Dillard for seven (7) decades, starting from the 40s all the way through now. That's 70 years plus worth of Dillard Panthers in our family.
Both of my parents were stellar scholar-athletes during their time. I am a true product of my parents because, I play the same football position as my dad did (linebacker - although I may switch to safety this season) and wrestles like he did. Like my mom, I am a hurdler and a basketball player. My sister is a cheerleader like my mom was as well. Both of my parents graduated with honors from Dillard and went on to college to earn their degrees: my dad (Electrical Electronics Engineering) and my mom (Computer Information Systems). I am in the Emerging Computer Technology Magnet Program at Dillard. I am currently ranked #2 in my graduating class as I boast a 4.25 Academic Core GPA. Right now I have a 940 on the SAT that I took in October, but I will be retaking it in June to make a better score. (Got confused at the beginning and didn't start the test until 15 minutes into the test! Not sure what happened (LOL)) My goal is to graduate Valedictorian in my class of 2011, although I will be willing to pass that ranking on if I enroll in college early.
I am a member of the Student Government Association serving as Sophomore Class President. I am also a member of the National Honor Society. I serve the Lord faithfully at the New Mount Olive Baptist Church under the direction of Dr. Mack King Carter and Youth Ministry Director Reverend James "Crunch" Melton who ministers "Teen Time " Church every third Sunday. I was also selected "Mr. Sophomore" for Homecoming. All - in - All, this has been a great year.Come back soon to hear about my high school football career.......