Scholar-Athlete Wayne Lyons

Scholar-Athlete Wayne Lyons
2011 Army All-American

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Off Season Activities

To keep myself in shape and increase my agility, I participated on the Varsity Wrestling Team this year. A new experience for me, but it was fun (extremely hard work) yet enjoyable. Actually, conditioning for wrestling is much more difficult than training for football or track. Those 6 minutes seemed like 60 minutes when you're on that mat. It felt really good getting that first pin. Looking forward to being much better next year. Track season is here, and I am running the 100M hurdles as my primary event. On occasion I run the 100M dash and the 4X100M relay. Right now I am concentrating on trying to make it past the Regional Track Meet in the hurdles. This is my first year running track and I think I am doing pretty good. My goal is to make it to the State Track Meet by the end of my Junior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment