Scholar-Athlete Wayne Lyons

Scholar-Athlete Wayne Lyons
2011 Army All-American

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

2009 Football Season : Week 2 vs Deerfield Beach

Season kicks off with a tough opponent Deerfield Beach. This is a special game because this is the school my new Head Coach Manny Martin came from and was defensive coordinator. Have to play tough and pull out a win for Coach Martin.
  • Heart-breaking lost 15-14 on a last minute field goal. Team did show a lot of positives but we have to correct and limit the mental mistakes, especially the penalties. I had a good game, caused two forced fumbles, made a few big plays and tallied between 9-10 tackles. In evaluating myself, I need to work on my coverage skills and stop looking in the backfield so much. This is something I am going to focus on this week in practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment